I’m writing an open-source tool dedicated to landing-page : https://bdavidxyz.github.io/zee/
Here is why :
-> commercial tool like unbounce, strikingly, leadpages, etc allow creation of “fat” landing pages, that displays slowly on the customer’s screen. Since a customer doesn’t stay longer than 5 second on the screen, commercial tools are not a very good option.
-> these commercial tools have sometimes a very bad opinion on how a landing page should be build. Some templates Sometimes call-to-action are not big enough, sometimes base font is too small… choosing a template according to the bugs is also a very bad idea.
-> there is also the possibility to use a bootstrap template, free or commercial, to build your landing page. Now there are still drawbacks :
- still have to customize some parts of it. Once you spend some hard time working on the template it could be hard to switch to another that convert better.
- starting with a template is not a good option for landing pages, startups should start with copywriting, build the message, then define an atmosphere and build the template.
- you can’t reuse one beautiful section or beautiful navbar that you liked on this other site.
So in my humble opinion, the right way to start a landing page is :
- Minimalistic template, just black & white color.
- Only one primary color for call to action, icons and links. Easily defined by the topic your business is about (pink = girly, green = games, etc)
- Ultra fast displaying : no jQuery, no big background image, etc
- Each section (navbar, testimonial, hero, etc) can be easily replaced by another in order to AB/test very fast without too much effort.
So as you can see as started to write some sections on the repo.
I need a designer to make the landing page beautiful enough.