The following are a list of services we believe we need to accomplish the stated objectives but encourage additional ideas outside these examples:-
- Assist internet freedom tools to identify specific communities of users that their tools should be adapted to suit their needs, including but not limited to:
- Mapping of relevant actors through local partners to help relevant user communities.
- Walking technology staff through a methodology to help them understand the questions to ask of their users.
- Analysis/synthesis of responses for use by technology developers.
- Follow-up with developers and users as needed.
- Documentation of the internet freedom threats facing relevant user communities, for uptake by technologists and developers
- Conduct user testing and heuristics to discover opportunities and challenges when tools are used by particular communities
- Consultation with technology project developers and other key staff when appropriate to identify and implement tool interface changes to make them more user-friendly
- Perform secure usability audits on tools to help identify improvement opportunities and critical issues. Follow-up on specific UX/UI improvements on an as-needed basis
Feel free to submit other specific types of work that may fit within one of the above service areas.
Tara Tarakiyee (Program Manager) email@example.com Link to RFP: https://www.opentech.fund/requests/expanding-services-offered-otfs-usability-lab
OTF seeks multiple service partners to help expand its services to better support the community as well as improve knowledge sharing around specific usability challenges facing internet freedom tools. To this end OTF seeks services toward three different objectives:-
- Objective 1: Provide secure usability services to internet freedom tools where there is a gap in knowledge or capacity.
- Objective 2: Assist internet freedom tools in establishing and improving their internal secure usability processes.
- Objective 3: Develop, distribute, and maintain knowledge around secure usability techniques, methodologies and best practices that address the unique challenges experienced by internet freedom tools that are deployed in countries with highly repressive governments.