Our goals for HedgeDoc 2:
- We want a new, more consistent application layout. Right now the intro and the history page are very different from the editor. Instead of an application that looks like patchwork, we want a well considered layout with a concept. Everything can be changed. We encourage you to think outside of the box.
- We want to rework the editor page layout. Some features in HedgeDoc 1 are misplaced or hidden and not easy to find. The new layout concept should also include where to put which feature and button.
- The new interface should be accessible, inclusive and mobile-friendly.
- We want a new theme. Feel free to change colors, sizes, spacings, etc. If you need some inspiration then you can take a look at the design on our [website][website] or read the logo guidelines.
- You don’t have to write code. You can create your drafts in any other software, as long as you can present the results to our frontend team and can explain what should happen and why.
- You don’t have to come up with a complete concept right away, even not fully worked out contributions that show your idea are helpful.
- We don’t earn money with developing HedgeDoc. It’s something we do in our free time. Therefore we can’t pay you.
The current state of the new user interface is available on https://ui-test.hedgedoc.net/. Not every feature is implemented yet.
https://hedgedoc.org https://demo.hedgedoc.org https://ui-test.hedgedoc.org
HedgeDoc is an online markdown editor that helps you to write personal notes, meeting minutes, articles, create slide-shows and more together with colleagues, friends or family in real-time. Check out our [website][website] or the demo for more information. Right now, we’re working on a complete rewrite of HedgeDoc. Our plans for HedgeDoc 2 include not only a code rewrite but also a new user interface. The UI in HedgeDoc 1 has not held up with the feature-richness of the application. Some features are hidden or don’t work as expected on first sight. This is why we want to overhaul the design, unify the interface and make it easier to extend. HedgeDoc 2 will be something brand new and we want it to look like that.
Therefore, the HedgeDoc frontend team is looking for help to create a intuitive user experience and a modern design.